We help individuals and groups to reduce their energy bills and keep their homes warmer.
This year we have expanded our service and are running client-centered energy advice cafes in five different Boroughs across South East London.
We are offering a joined-up service of energy advice cafes and home visits alongside our popular workshops and training sessions. The home visits offer advice as well as the installation of light measures. They can also be the first port of call for clients to access grants to save energy and money or get emergency for home energy improvements.
We have added to our core expertise of advice on switching energy companies to save money, grants, other discounts and services to help vulnerable households and energy efficiency plus what to do with energy bill arrears.
Now we are equipped to give advice on funding to get first-time gas central heating and what to do to save water in the home as well as financial help for certain eligible households, or how to apply to have water-related arrears cleared.
There are over 20,000 households in fuel poverty in Greenwich and Lewisham. So far, Selce has given training or support to almost 4,000 individuals and homes. We’ve also helped them make over £100,000 in savings that reduced their CO2 emissions by tons. Literally.
Energy advice and training
- A home visit: We can offer a FREE energy advice home visit if you have a low income and high energy costs. Call 0808 169 1779 to request a home visit
- An energy cafe: We offer five energy cafes that give independent energy advice over a cup of tea and a slice of cake.
- Training for community groups: we can provide a workshop for your clients or service users or a one-to-one advice desk for your event. To request a workshop please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Empowering Elders: this project provides champion training for 5 older people organisations in Lewisham and home visits to help their members, clients, and users to save energy and money
- DIY energy action: here you’ll find a useful list of web links that help you to save money and keep your home warmer in winter.
All services will run until 31st March 2020. Appointment for the winter cafes can be made via the Stay Warm, Stay Safe team on: 0808 169 1779 (for Lewisham, Greenwich or Bromley) or 08081691779 (for New Addington). To help us give you the best advice, please bring your most recent fuel bills.
For group sessions, please email email@example.com
Our clients commented:
“Very informative and fun” “Wonderful informative session”
“Great to know how much I could save” “Marvellous. Excellent service.”
“Interesting and useful and kind and patient” “Thank you so much for your help today .. ”
Watch our short video to find out more about our pop-up energy advice cafes.
The full website menu can be found by clicking the three horizontal lines ☰ in the top right-hand corner of the page.