We will be around to provide more information about Home Visits and becoming an Energy Champion at ‘Stay and Plays’ next week:
Become a Parent Power Energy Champion!
Would you like to learn how to reduce your fuel bills and increase your employability at the same time?
We are recruiting 15 Parent Power Energy Champions who will get:
- FREE training for a course worth over £900;
- A professional qualification – NEA Level 3 City and Guilds Certificate in Energy Awareness;
- On-the-job experience;
- CV and employment support;
- Personal support throughout the whole of the training, exam and employment process.
What you will learn:
- How to find the best energy deals;
- What discounts and grants are available to help cut fuel bills;
- How to fit devices like water-saving shower heads which help save money on energy.
An employed Domestic Energy Advisor (DEA) could earn between £18,000 and £35,000 per year depending on experience.
There are good opportunities for career progression as well!
Whether you want to work full-time or part-time, this sector will cater for you. The part-time work can be very flexible – great if you have young children to care for!
- Be a parent, relative or carer of a child aged 0-5 who attends one of the Central Greenwich Children’s Centres (Mulgrave, Eglinton, Cardwell, Pound Park);
- Read and speak English (we would love it if you also speak a second community language).
Effects of living in the cold on children include:
- Their performance at school;
- Their long term physical and mental health;
- Regularly catching a cold.
………saving money on heat could save money for treats!
Lots of people struggle to pay their fuel bills and can’t afford to heat their homes. You could help them!